- Sanctions and Incentives
- Require paroling authorities and the supervising agency to establish a broad policy-driven behavior response model that reflects evidence-based components:
- responses should encompass both positive and negative behaviors and should include tailored rewards and sanctions, as appropriate; n responses to violations should be swift, certain, and proportionate;
- use of community-based sanctions should be maximized prior to any custodial sanctions;
- custodial sanctions should be permissible and encouraged in lieu of full revocation; and
- responses to violations should include both sanctions and a corrective intervention to support behavior change.